- Created: 11 July 2018 11 July 2018
Every summer the ants go marching one by one into our picnic plans, onto our driveways and patios, and eventually into our kitchens. This is something that has been happening forever and likely will continue into eternity. But, there are steps you can take to keep the ants from raining on your parade.
New Jersey Ant Control by Ace Walco
One of the first things you can do is call Ace Walco for a free, no-obligation inspection. We’ll send a licensed professional to your home, at your convenience, to take a look. They will walk you through what kind of ants you have, the extent of the problem, and best possible next steps for addressing your ant problem.
How to Keep Ants Away
There are some things that every homeowner should do to avoid ants, and in the process you’ll make your spaces less livable for all kinds of pests.
- Patch Openings: The easiest way for ants to get in is through an open door. So, shut doors and windows, repair holes in screens or walls.
- Keep things clean: Especially when it comes to food, make sure you clean up spills right away and store both food and trash in airtight bins.
- Drain standing water: Watch for leaks inside your home and drain any areas of standing water outside as these can be breeding grounds for ants and other pests.
- Disinfect drains: run an organic cleaner through your drains to prevent buildup from attracting pests.